Who We Are
Eagles Youth Development Initiative (EYDI) was formed in 2002 by a group of young people under guidance of the Late. Peter Basajja in Nazalesi, a village in Wakiso District which was severely affected by a variety of social and health problems. Currently, the organization is a registered community based organization, committed to empowerment of children, adolescents and women in Uganda. EYDI is aiming at improved access to Education, Health, Water, Sanitation and hygiene facilities, and improving Household income.
Empowered generation with sustainable entrepreneurship skills contributing to the process of National HIV/AIDS responses resulting into zero new infections and access to decent social and health services.
Empowered and healthy Generation.
Contributing to the process of HIV prevention, restoring hope and empower young people resulting into zero new infection through scaling up access to quality Sexual Reproductive health services for social and economic well-being.
- Annual General Meeting: The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is the EYDI supreme governance body composed of subscribing members and holds a general assembly during which it elects the Board of Directors after every 3 years.
- The Board of Directors: The Board of Directors is elected by the AGM to oversee EYDI activities and it is composed of the chairperson, Treasurer, General Secretary among others.
- Secretariat; The Secretariat is headed by Executive Director with support from technical staff and volunteers; they are tasked to effect the daily management of EYDI.
- To establish a well-furnished ICT and Vocational training facility nurturing young people with relevant ICT, Entrepreneurship and technical skills for sustainable income.
- To empower children in and out of schools to acquire life skills & violence against children and Adolescents (VAC-A) prevention through edutainment, dissemination of IEC and media programs.
- To increase family knowledge on prevention of violence against children in households through Village Saving and Loan Association/School Saving Clubs, community health dialogues and prevention of VAC-A information sharing meetings.
- To have built capacity of parents/ guardians and teachers to provide positive parenting and childhood development, project staff to manage VAC-prevention programmes.
- To build capacity of adolescent and raise their awareness on pprevention on drug abuse and sexual abuse and
- To increase community understanding about power and its relationship to sexual gender based violence and alcohol abuse that put partners at risk of contracting HIV/AIDS and having unplanned pregnancies.
AREAS OF OPERATION
EYDI runs an ICT skills training Facility and counseling center at Kiwenda and field office in Bussi Island in partnership with Bussi Island Cluster Project in Wakiso and Luweero Districts. We also conduct mobile outreach camps in partnership with other development partners and we wish to conduct continuous recruitment, assessment vocational skills training of the young people.